Thursday, 27 June 2019 from 6:30 sharp - 9:00 pm (doors open at 6:00 pm)
Join Drawdown Toronto, a project of Unify Toronto, to expand your thinking to act on climate change solutions.
In this Summit you will:
- learn more about Project Drawdown’s comprehensive model to reverse global warming, and particularly the three solutions Project Drawdown has grouped into the “Women and Girls” sector: girls’ education, family planning and women smallholders;
- hear from Ontario-based International Cooperation organizations and institutions about their programming related to the three Drawdown Women and Girls solutions;
- expand and share your insights on how you can contribute to climate change action in Toronto, Ontario and Canada, and move forward Women and Girls-related solutions globally;
- meet local and global organizations working in Climate Action and Gender Equality and learn how you can get involved.
- Dr. Katharine Wilkinson, Vice-President of Communication & Engagement, Project Drawdown (pre-recorded), on how empowering women and girls can help stop global warming
- Kristiana Bruneau, International Policy Specialist, UNICEF Canada, on UNICEF's girls' education programming and the links to climate change
- Jessica Ferne, Director of Global Health Impact, Canadian Partnership for Women and Children's Health (CanWaCH), on Canadian family planning-related initiatives around the world
- Janine Hodgson, Manager of Program Development and Quality, Canadian Feed the Children, on Canadian support to smallholder farmers and the links between climate change, migration and child protection and sexual and gender-based violence
- Ana González Guerrero, Co-Founder and Managing Director, Youth Climate Lab, on Canadian youth perspectives on the intersection between climate and gender
This is the last of seven Drawdown sector summits organized by Unify Toronto’s Drawdown program.
Everyone is welcome! Tickets will also be available at the door.