Introductions to Drawdown September 20 and 26
Are you feeling overwhelmed by the constant stream of stories about Climate Change (aka Global Warming) that imply there's little we can do about it, or that it’s not really happening? Are you feeling despair that the proposed solutions are too little and too late? Having pangs of guilt that you aren’t doing more?
Well there is a research-based project underway to actually reverse global warming - to pull carbon out of the atmosphere, as opposed to merely slowing down the rate of emissions. It is not only possible, but feasible and eminently practical.
Come and find out what you can do to help reverse global warming!
This very interactive evening program will present an inspiring, uplifting and empowering approach to the issue, based on the latest research from a team of over 200 scientists and researchers from around the world.
Drawdown course starts Sept 10
The course is full of useful tools and tips to empower you to have a real impact, as well as how work more effectively with others.
The course is 4 sessions of 3 hours each, with research assignments between sessions, and an "Action Break” between sessions 3 and 4 to allow you complete a learning project, either on your own or with a team from the course.
Dates and times:
Mondays: September 10, 17, 24 & October 22, 6:30-9:30
Promise of the Course
- Gain a basic understanding of how it is possible to reverse global warming, accelerate and expand the work being done
- Know yourself as someone truly making a difference in reversing global warming with a new attitude of hopefulness,
- Be engaged in one or more solution(s) and/or become an “ambassador” for Drawdown
Drawdown Materials Sector Summit Wed. Oct. 24
Project Drawdown has identified, researched and modeled the 100 most substantive, existing solutions to address climate change, grouped into seven sectors. Put together, they reveal a path forward that can roll back global warming by 2050.
In this informative evening:
- Learn more about the materials sector solutions identified and modelled by Project Drawdown
- Hear from experts who are making change with materials sector solutions at the individual, corporate and government level:
- Build a long and local vision for materials sector solutions in Toronto
- Offer what you can give and/or request what you need, to help move forward materials-related solutions in Toronto and reverse our greenhouse gas emissions by 2050.